Thursday, July 31
Wednesday, July 30
- We have color themes this week so today is orange. We spent most of the day outside in the pool. Brett enjoyed it very much. Then they had dreamsicles (for orange day of course) before naps.
- Today I got a lot done: vacuumed the LR screens, caught up on dishes (from baking/freezing peaches yesterday-I froze 6 more quarts), washed spare room bedding -sheets/comforter, towels, dusting. General straightening & clean up in a quick couple of hours this morning between everything else.
- My day care kids have it made. I grilled them hamburgers for lunch.
- Tomorrow we're going to the park again. It's going to be really hot but we'll go early and come back & play in the water again.
- I have a new day care girl starting at the end of August named Cora. She's 2.
- I'm off on August 20th for Brett's school registration. He gets pictures taken that day. We're both going to the dentist and he will get the rest of his immunizations as well.
- I have one more vacation day. I'm going to take it after school starts and enjoy a day all by myself!
- I'm working on renewing my day care license. It's just a bunch of paperwork and the check is what they really want.
- I need to sign up for my capstone class. I didn't realize it's the only one for the credential that is on campus in GREEN BAY so I'm not sure how that's going to work. More like it's NOT going to work. It starts August 18th. Checking into this tomorrow...
- We're having an open house on Sunday afternoon so we'll be doing some more painting tomorrow night. The other two houses next door are also having open houses so that might help.
- Damon had a meeting at work last week & his responsiblities were determined. He's been home late every night this week. Two guys are on vacation so he definitely doing something now.
Tuesday, July 29
Wayne D., Damon & I, Julie H.
Monday, July 28
Friday, July 25
Thursday, July 24
"My kids" picked these in the backyard and brought them in for me yesterday. They know better than to pick anything else! I already have flowers on the kitchen table, in the living room, on the desk and by the front door so I put these on the dresser. Looks like they will last a while in water. I am enjoying them in their little spot.
Also-last week, A. (2 yrs.) was the last one here & she was sitting with Brett on the couch & they were a little rowdy. I told Brett "Please be quiet! You're making me crazy!" in a silly, exaggerated way. A. said "No Stacy, pretty like a princess." Aww, isn't she sweet?! (I did confirm with her - Me, pretty like a princess? - and she said yes. LOL)
Wednesday, July 23
- I did major closet cleaning today! There's 4 more boxes of things to take to Goodwill. It's ridiculous when all the laundry is clean & there's no where to put it because the closet and dressers are full. Feels so good to have that done!
- Finally started some bread today. I haven't made any for a few weeks. I'll make eight loaves and put some in the freezer.
- New dcboy is working out well. He's almost three & doesn't talk much though. The littlest of 4 kids so kinda babied it seems. I'm surprised that people still powder 3 yr olds. (I won't.)
- It looks like I have another FT spot filled so I'll have to let a PT dcboy go. I don't like to do that but he's hardly ever here.
- There's been no interest in our house in nearly 2 weeks. J said it's a really slow time but don't despair. I'm not. I'm just not planning on moving although I still really want to when I think about day care.
- On Monday, Mom & Grma H stopped by! On Tuesday, G & G Smith stopped in! Nice to have visitors.
- We've had beautiful weather this week. My flowers smell great. My garden is very full. I've been getting so organized (in some ways). Feels great!
- Damon & I are planning a weekend away next weekend for our anniversary. It's on the 29th.
- Maybe we'll go to the fair tomorrow night.
- Also-Damon's job is going well. He doesn't mind the drive. It's been terribly slow going though. The guy that needs to determine exactly what Damon should be doing is too busy to take any time with him. Damon's been working on a spreadsheet & will be developing some pricing for 2009 so now he has that to do. One of the other guys doesn't seem to be too pleased about Damon being hired-as in he's afraid he won't have anything to do?