Tuesday, September 30
Monday, September 29
- why a 3 yr old child comes wearing shorts & a t-shirt because "she wanted to".
- Then why her mom has her wrapped up in a blanket and carries her in like a baby. If she chose to wear summer clothes & mom allowed it, then she should be allowed to feel cold.
- When 4 yr old big sister is allowed to decide whether or not she goes to preschool. "She says she doesn't want to go but I'm not sure if it's because she's sick or what this is all about." OK? She doesn't feel good. If she's too sick for school (she's not) she's too sick for day care. I understand she's tired & needs to rest so that's OK. What's not OK is that "if she changes her mind, let me know & she can get picked up for school". No, I said, I think someone else needs to decide if little darling goes to school, not the 4 yr old! Ok, I didn't say it quite like that. Guess who gets to take a nap today?
- Why she along with her sister drag in pillows and blankets to my house. I don't have room to store that stuff & I don't want it laying around. I've already said too much so I bag it up & put it in the closet. They don't need it and they don't care but mom can't say no. I don't understand why kids can't ever hear no?? Well I know they can because they hear it from me!
Maybe the parents just don't see it? You know, the full picture. I understand about picking the battles to certain extent, but sometimes, the parent just needs to be the parent! Ok, now you've heard how I really feel! LOL
Friday, September 26
Thursday, September 25
|Your Autumn Test Results|
When you are happiest, you are calm. You appreciate tradition and family. You enjoy feeling cozy.
You tend to be afraid of change. You are never ready for things to be different.
You find novelty to be the most comforting thing in the world. You love anything that's new or unusual.
Your ideal day is active and full. You like to keep busy with your favorite things, and you appreciate a routine.
You tend to live in the moment. You enjoy whatever is going on, and you don't obsess over the past or future.
- It's fall here at least in the sensory table: silk leaves & bugs. The kids are enjoying it.
- I just took my three kiddos for a walk/ride in the wagon down the block & back. We can't go too far since 3 yr olds can't go too fast or far. I wish I could pop them all in the bike trailer & go down the bike trail. I'm going to ride with Brett tonight. It's such a perfect day!
- My 2 yr old just said "I have a baby at home named "Dolly" and another one her name is "Another Dolly" and "Boy Baby". Cute!
- Yesterday almost 3 yr old said "You make the best food". E always used to say "You're a good cooker". It's nice when even the kids appreciate what I make them.
- Brett has been in school for over 15 days already. He really likes it! Day 15 wasn't so good.... He fell asleep in Wed night mtg last night & slept straight through for 11 hrs! I think he's fighting off a cold so I hope it works. To bed early again tonight!
- We're going to convention this weekend! Our first time at that location. Looking forward to a few more meetings & seeing lots of Damon's family.
- I wish I could just drink my meals. I'm sick of trying to decide what to eat all the time. Too bad I can't live on caffinee. I think I did yesterday...
- We had a showing request for yesterday at 2:30pm. Nope that doesn't work for me. If they want to see the house they will have to reschedule but haven't heard from them yet.
- Damon cut the grass on Tuesday night. Now that we got rain, it's nice & green and beautiful out there. I love to look out & see the yard looking so nice.
- I have plenty I could be doing but not feeling an urgency for any of it!
Wednesday, September 24
Ok, I'm not a big shoe shopper cause I'm really picky & my feet are wide so I have a hard time finding what I like & what fits. But I sure like some of the new things in the Kohl's ad that came in the mail yesterday! And I don't really need any more bags or shoes since I just got several new pairs. *Sigh*. I might have to look anyway since I really like Nine & Co and Apt. 9 brands. Shipping from the Kohl's website is reasonable too, only $3.95! I probably really need a plum colored leather satchel don't you think?? : )
***I bought the plum bag. : )
Tuesday, September 23
This just blew me away when I looked at it yesterday! I had no idea he was capable of this. At first I couldn't figure it out. Then I asked him "what this was all about" and he said "it's my room". Sure enough it is. Wow, look at the details! The blue border is a nice touch too. I thought this was so amazing. I labeled everything so you could understand what he drew.
Wednesday, September 17
Monday, September 15
Friday, September 12
- We had a fun time at Chuck E Cheese last night. Here's a couple pictures of the kids. Brett & Ellah were so cute together. They were excited & happy to see each other. While walking through the games they had to keep touching each other's hands & stuff to make sure the other was there. So sweet! Of course we picked a busy night to go-there was a school fundraiser going on. We still had a good time & the pizza was really good! With a coupon it wasn't so unreasonable.
- It's a humid day. I didn't want to put the air on but it's not easy to work & do laundry, etc when it feels icky. I think humidity makes the house feel unclean.
- DcMom told me this morning she's expecting. I would get her infant in September. Perfect timing! I got three emails this week inquiring about infant care and I said my next opening wouldn't be until September so it's likely filled already. DcMom was relieved & I wasn't surprised really since she recently had two Dr. apts. I have to say I'm a bit envious that people seem to be able just plan these things & it happens.
- I'm sooo looking forward to my chiro appointment tonight. My right side (knee to neck) will probably never be the same after having Brett. My hip gets tight & sore and it hurts to walk. I'll feel better tonight! They are so great about getting me in right away.
- 2009 calendar kits are out! I'm going to make these for the dcparents for holiday gifts.
- The little kiddos are practicing cutting with scissors today. I love to see them concentrating so much & learning something new, using those little muscles.
- It feels great to have appreciative dcparents! We had BFast2Go (muffins & juice to go) this week. New dcMom was so surprised & thrilled. She gave me a hug! LOL Her parents also came to pick up dcgirl and said such nice things. Often I don't hear the "good things" from the parents. I hear it from someone else they told. So that makes me realize that if you're thinking something nice about someone, that may mean something to them, you should tell them. Life is too short to not be generous & kind.
Thursday, September 11
Tuesday, September 9
Monday, September 8
- I was very organized & ready for my day and it went smoothly with 7 kids in the a.m. and with a visiting teacher present. Ahhh, days are more trouble free with Brett in school. it's true.
- Nice 2.5 hr quiet naptimes are back!! I *love* it. Today I was so tired I didn't do much during that time.
- Tonight Damon was sweet & went to the grocery store for me. I dreaded going out. I put the list in order by aisle to help him out.
- I promised I'd make cookies if he did. I also made two batches of muffins for BFast2Go for parents in the a.m. and started 4 loaves of bread. Boiled eggs for breakfasts & salads. Emptied/filled the dishwasher and cleaned the floor. Started some laundry. Got Brett in the shower & ready for bed.
- My goal was to go to bed by 9:30 pm. It's now past 10:30pm.....
- Tonight Brett's bus was 25 minutes late. I was starting to worry after 10 mins. but other parents were waiting at the corner so was I wasn't freaking out. Then the neighbor & his child walked by & no Brett. I went outside to see if he was coming and one of the dcdads was dropping him off! Apparently the bus driver dropped Brett & A off quite aways from the normal spot in the (light) rain and her dad went looking for her and brought them both home. It was a hectic time for me so I haven't talked to her parents yet but I will in the morning and call the bus company to see what's up. They have been dropping him off on our corner & if they change that I need to know!! I'm so glad he was with Allison though, a big 3rd grader.
- Brett was excited about hot lunch today. They had Pizza Hut pizza. He's liking the next 2 days meals so he's doing more hot lunch this week. Simplifies the morning a bit although I like to pack lunches for Brett & Damon. He also had music & library time today.
- My day started at 5:30 am & now it's very late so hopefully I haven't wrecked my Tuesday. So much for my early bedtime goal. Try again tomorrow night!
Sunday, September 7
Saturday, September 6
Now on to this project.........
Friday, September 5
Thursday, September 4
- Even though this is a short week, it has seemed long! I'm looking forward to no plans tonight or this weekend. (Other than getting milk & juice AGAIN tonight.)
- Brett made it on the bus-barely-this morning. It's raining so I didn't want to wait out there too long & then the bus was early so he had to run to the corner but that's OK. I saw him get on so I know he's there. I have just 4 kiddos this morning so I pulled the wagon with three riding & one walking besides Brett.
- One dcgirl started preschool this week. She comes here until noon (sometimes only 2 hrs.) and then gets picked up for school. It's not a bad thing but I wish she would just be here.
- This school year, I have kids in two school districts to keep track of days off & early release. Mix in three sets of split parents & all the issues, kids coming & going with school schedules, Brett in school now too...my head spins. Things are not so automatic for me any more. Time to get used to a new routine. In some ways the younger group is easier, just different.
- Yesterday I had a meeting with a dcg's mom, early childhood teacher from the school district and 3 therapists. I expected the mom & teacher but wasn't sure the therapists were coming-PT, OT and speech. She wasn't responding well in the classroom environment. I know she will do better here. She talks & interacts with the kids here pretty well. It sounds like someone will be coming Mon-Wed for an hour to work with her and observe. I'm not concerned about it too much. If anything it should be a help to me. It will be good for her and I will learn a lot. Just one more thing in my day.
- The Charter guy was here yesterday. Our internet has been intermittent for a few weeks. He made some changes & said things were not set up quite right on the line so hopefully that takes care of it. Strange since it's been set up that way for almost 7 years?
- We're having an open house again on Sunday. No real interest in the house.