Friday, July 31
Thursday, July 30
Time for an update:
- I had not one but two interviews for day care this week! One last night & one tonight. Both went well. M is a 3.5 yr old little boy & starts care on Monday. I'm a bit concerned about this one - he seemed well behaved for the most part, but maybe a little more of a handful than I usually have? Not potty trained either which doesn't thrill me. On the way out he grabbed onto one of my roses and shredded it. I didn't like it as you can imagine. Inappropriate for 3.5 in my opinion.
- Interview #2 for 3 yr old boy. Very cute little guy and I liked his mom a lot. I think this one will work out just great. She is planning to make a decision soon so I hope she chooses me, which I'm thinking she will. Depends on the rate I think. Both of these will be using assistance so their rate varies & she doesn't know what her part will be yet. I would love to have 5 full time kids this fall!
- I make folders for interviews (pictured above) that includes my policies & handbook, all the required forms and brochures and more information than people usually need. I like making them and providing everything parents could possibly want to know up front. If they've seen my website before arriving, this information is duplicate. For sure my website is the best thing I've ever done for my day care. They're sold before they even get here! If they haven't seen the website, the folder usually does the trick.
- This weekend we're going to MN to see Damon's parents. Looking forward to it!
- Just three weeks before vacation to Gulf Shores!
- Had a great time at the fair last night. I'll be posting pictures soon.
- Almost August?! We didn't go camping, to a Brewers game or hardly anything it seems like.
Wednesday, July 29
Friday, July 24
This plant finally came up in the backyard. I planted it there quite a while ago - a year or two? I think it keeps getting mowed off. Because of this I'm not sure what kind of Echinacea this is anymore. I know I planted several different kinds.
Thursday, July 23
My little handsome Not one but two heartbreakers
These three are having so much fun this summer! A (bottom right) did the boys hair so we had to take pictures.
This week the kids played with shaving cream for the sense of touch. They had a great time! I think we should do this again this summer since I didn't have much on hand this time.
This week the kids have been into puppet shows. It's the first time they've really gotten into doing them (must be finally at the right age) and it was fun to watch. Brett does a wonderful job of telling a short story!
Last week when I went to Goodwill I found this cute hanging organizer for $3.99. It appears brand new & is Circo brand so it probably came directly from Target. I thought it would be cute for Brett's stuffed animals instead of in a bin under his bed.
Brett went to Grma H's on Thursday. Damon & I went to dinner at a place downtown that we hadn't tried yet. Very fun! We liked it so much we thought it would be fun to go with Jon & Shanda when they came Friday night so went two nights in a row! Shanda was celebrating her last day at her office so they wanted to do something fun too. Saturday we played disc golf before leaving for Milwaukee. It was a fun show but a late night! These are the only pictures I have from Friday & Saturday since cameras were not allowed at the concert. Sunday we went to pick up Brett and met Mom & Dad at Grandma H's apartment. I'll post those pictures next.
Wednesday, July 22
Friday, July 17
Monday, July 13
They do a lot of damage fast. This mostly happened on Saturday. They especially like my basil, raspberries, and zinnias. So far none have found the rose bush out front. Be glad if you don't have them in your area!
Thursday, July 9
It's a beautiful evening so we ate dinner on the deck. We had a really nice dinner for a Thursday night too, so it seemed special. (Usually we have water at dinner time and Brett rarely drinks soda) Next, a bike ride!