Tuesday, September 29
Monday, September 28
- While at the grocery store bakery with Daddy: "If there was a heart shaped cookie we could get it for Mom so she knew her boys loved her". Awww! Like I don't know. : )
- As we drove by: "Hooters!" Damon asked, "How do you know?" Brett: "I read it!"
- Brett was sitting by me as a read a blog. I was oohing & ahhing over these cute pincushions, and said "I wish I was so talented." Brett said, "Mom, you always think everyone makes such neat stuff but you are more cool and creative than you think." (I don't have time or talent like some of these people. I usually find an idea & then make it - not orginal like some people!)
- Brett is helping out with my FarmVille on FB. He asked me what was planted - artichokes. He asked, "Do they really choke you?"
I wish I could remember all the stuff he says. Sometimes it's just surprising what he says & how grown up he sounds.
Friday, September 25
- Last week was very nice going to MI for the funeral and then up to convention but it was all so much as once. It feels like there wasn't enough convention being there for 2.5 days & I really needed it. Now I'm thrown back into all this. We really enjoyed spending time with Jennifer before & after convention!
- It's been a very stressful week with the infant I'm taking care of. He *refuses* to nap or be content unless I'm holding him. Some days he napped 1/2 hr all day. Yesterday was a major improvement.
- He has a cold which I now have. It's not very bad but just enough to not feel 100%.
- I'm so far behind but I guess that's what happens when I'm gone for 5 days. Everywhere I turn is frustration. Laundry is piled up and two suitcases are not unpacked. Damon did his which I'm grateful for. Just haven't been able to get to mine.
- We took the car in to get fixed. Again. They say there's nothing wrong with it. But it didn't start, turn over or anything when I tried to drive it. Isolated incident? Strange. We haven't driven it in at least a month because we felt it was unreliable.
- Then we took the camera into Best Buy. The screen went white and only works in one position. At least it's under warranty but now we're without it for 2-3 weeks. We haven't even had it a year but it has gotten lots of use!
- The garbage disposal is leaking or something under the sink.
- Going tomorrow to Rockford to see some kittens. They're only a few weeks old and not ready for homes yet. Maybe we should wait to go because they will change a lot in coloring yet & I'm not sure any will have as dark of marking as we'd like.
- Brett is doing so well with spelling & reading! I was just shocked when he went through is Dolch word lists. He's been reading more than I realized.
- I'm not thrilled that the teacher is sending home snack buckets to fill. Like I need one more thing to do/more kids to provide for. I don't understand why parents are not responsible enough to send a snack with their child each day.
- A day care boy started here on Wed. & it was his only/last day. The bus didn't pick up on our corner like they said they would. Then told me that they are not a taxi service and will not drive around the block for one child. Buses no longer pick up kids where they are & they are not very accomodating at all. I can't see him at the other pick up location so it won't work to have him get on the bus here. What a waste of time.
- I feel so bad that I can't take an infant in Jan/Feb - I used to work with the father and they are so disappointed. I am too. Sort of. Only one baby at a time here. I have a terrible time telling people no though.
- Next week I have a massage - that I thought was this week & even showed up for. Talk about disappointing. I about cried.
- I guess my 10 minutes are up. The baby is awake and the other 6 are on nap mats because no one listens to me. I can't wait to go to sleep tonight, sleep in, relax and then work on the 50 million things at await........ tomatoes, paperwork, websites & policies to update, straightening up & organizing, thank you cards, October planning, laundry, groceries, banking.....
Thursday, September 24
Tuesday, September 22
Monday, September 21
Saturday, September 12
It was a crazy day! I finished getting Brett's party ready, even ran to Wal-Mart & showered before everyone arrived. It was a fun day! Brett said it was one of the "bestest days ever". I'm very tired and the house is a mess but it's over. It started out well and then ended up being a crazy, wild afternoon once everyone got a little sugar in the system! There was rough-housing & wrestling, running in the house, balloon caught in the ceiling fan, baseballs over the neighbors' side of the fence, garbage everywhere, shoes left behind, spilled pop, one bleeding child -nothing serious - after taking a trip down the slide on a toy motorcycle! It sounds worse than it was - great kids & lots of fun. I'm not certain I'll do it every year...for sure not by myself! Damon had to "scout" for the fall cruise today so I was on my own. That was fine though & I still got a ton of pictures. Instead of cleaning the house this afternoon, I made an album! **Invitations & printables from partiesbyhardie ** I had more ideas than I had time for but this was enough. More than enough for first graders! Party photos on Parties by Hardie blog!
Wednesday, September 9
Friday, September 4
about piano lessons. I am Not. in red & bold. Marked the OUT box and initialed it. Even underlined it in yellow and a "." at the end of his name. I think he's serious! Brett has had one lesson and he liked it. Before going this week, this is what he drew. Then the teacher called & cancelled at the last minute and he was disappointed. I'm not sure why he's fighting this so much but I think it's mostly all talk. (Left of the box is supposed to be his intials but he put the R & A in the wrong order so that's what the arrows are all about, switching them around.)
Thursday, September 3
We have a small plastic storage shed in our backyard. Earlier this summer I noticed huge bumblebees were crawling under the edge. We sprayed the opening & killed about 10-15 bees. Then I saw there was another entrance on the side of the shed by the toy box. I started spraying the opening & swatting bees. We counted another 15-20 so we decided we better move the shed and see how many more there were. This is the nest we found. It's hard to tell how big it is but about the size of a dinner plate. The buzzing was freaky! First we sprayed and then used a shovel (that was me) to open it up COOL! and Damon sprayed them. 6 cans of spray to make sure. Neither of us got stung and we killed a lot of bees. I did spray one of my sleeve - he was after me! I have no idea how many there were but a lot! Looks like it's taken care of. I'm so glad none of my kids got stung.
Wednesday, September 2
Brett starts today! He's all smiles & ready to go. Last night he had a meltdown when we were picking out his clothes. I chose some plaid shorts and a polo shirt. He didn't want to wear "nice clothes"; he wanted to wear "play clothes"! He insisted everyone would laugh at him and no one else wears "nice clothes"! Whatever, it really doesn't matter. He can wear his baseball t-shirt. Tomorrow will be even better because the other 1/2 of the class will be there and his best friend will be back. I didn't have a hard time seeing him go this year. We all know what to expect and he's ready. What makes me more sad is that summer is gone. Over. And it feels like we hardly had one.
Brett's desk - by his good buddies Ashton and Alli A desk that opens this year!
Checking out the birthday list